Benedum Center Rules
Below are the ground rules for anyone attending events at the Benedum Center. Please make sure you know the rules and regulations before attending any event.
Prior to entry, all guests and permissible items may be subject to a physical screening and inspection. The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust has updated all screening technology to EVOLV systems, which provides comprehensive, contactless screening machines. Guests can seamlessly walk through with their bags, coats, and permissible items. Prohibited items discovered during the screening process will not be allowed inside of the theater or arts venue; a full list of prohibited items can be found below.
By presenting your ticket and entering the venue, you consent to such screenings. Refusal of screening may result in denied entry. These protection measures have been put in place to ensure that each performance or experience is occurring in the safest possible environment for guests.
The following is a list of outside items which are prohibited inside of the Benedum Center:
- Weapons of any kind or facsimiles of weapons, including firearms, pellet guns, stun guns, martial arts weapons, pepper spray, pocket/utility knives or cutting instruments
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Flammable liquids
- Fireworks, pyrotechnics, flares or incendiary devices
- Glass, metal, or plastic containers of any kind including cans, bottles and flasks
- Outside food or beverages including alcohol
- Oversized bags that exceed 16” x 16” x 8”
- Interchangeable/detachable camera lens (No professional photography-unless authorized)
- Audio/visual recording devices
- 2 way radios
- Laser pointers
- Laptops (tablets are permitted)
- Beach balls, projectiles, balloons, permanent markers, spray paint
- Signs, flags, banners
- Selfie sticks
- Guests without shoes or shirts
- Masks which cover the full face
- Face paints
- Optical illusions
- Jewelry that could be used as a weapon including chains and studded bracelets
- Pets, other than service animals
- Segways, skateboards, rollerblades, hoverboards, bicycles, helmets, any type of portable seat, other than those approved and required for accessibility
- Noisemakers, bullhorns, or air horns
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements
- Unattended items left outside venue doors will be discarded to ensure guest safety.
*This list is not all-inclusive and may change or be updated at any time without notice. Additional restrictions may apply.
Patron Code of Conduct
Patrons are entitled to an environment where everyone:
- Receives consistent, professional, and courteous treatment from all theater staff.
- Feels comfortable reporting inappropriate behavior to ushers, house managers, or security.
- Complies with venue staff and security instructions on facility operations and emergency response procedures.
- Sits only in assigned seats and shows tickets when requested.
- Consumes alcohol responsibly and in compliance with the law.
- Does not disrupt the event or performers.
- Does not smoke or use tobacco products inside the theater.
- Does not attempt to re-enter without a ticket or proper credential.
- Wears a shirt, shoes, and lower garments at all times.
Please note: Patrons engaging in disruptive behavior, such as fighting, throwing objects, using offensive language or gestures, attempting to enter restricted areas, or any actions negatively impacting others, will be immediately removed from the venue and may face police intervention for these violations.